24-25 Trafalgar Road,
24-25 Trafalgar Road,
Pat and Vic welcome you to The Fjaerland in Great Yarmouth, an award winning establishment with an enviable position overlooking a colourful landscaped square, set back from the bustling seafront, just seconds from the beach with wonderful sea views from many rooms. Free parking permits available for on street public parking for our guests.
Ideally located for the seafront, Central Beach, St. Georges Park and the town centre, you can be assured of a warm welcome at The Fjaerland.
All 12 bedrooms are en suite, most of which have sea views. Flatscreen TV's with Freeview, hospitality tray, hairdryer, radio clock alarm and free WiFi access. All bedrooms and bathrooms have been recently refurbished to the highest standards.
We have a fully licensed bar, a separate small TV lounge, and a large dining room with separate tables.
The property is tastefully decorated throughout with water features in the spacious dining room and hall.
Our freshly prepared breakfast menu as detailed below is served daily from 8am.
Variety of cereals, grapefruits segments, prunes, fresh fruit salad, assorted yogurts, fresh milk & fresh fruit juices.
Fried or scrambled eggs with grilled sausage, bacon, tomatoes and baked beans.
Fried, scrambled or poached eggs on two toast.
Scrambled eggs topped with shavings of smoked salmon and served with brown bread & butter.
Beans or tomatoes on two toast.
Bacon and or egg toasted sandwich.
Kippers (by request) served with brown bread and butter.
All of the above served with a rack of white or brown toast complemented with jam, marmalade and marmite.
Just a short stroll from The Fjaerland, visitors will find the refurbished seafront with road train and tourist bus in season, wide esplanade and sandy beaches. The Marina Centre with swimming pool, sports and leisure facilities is just across the road, with Britannia Pier, Wellington Pier, the Pleasure Beach and much, much more also on the seafront.
Telephone 01493 856339 or fax for details and colour brochure.
Main website address: http://www.fjaerlandhotel.co.uk
Secondary website address: http://www.smoothhound.co.uk/hotels/fjaerland
- Children welcome
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Lounge for residents' use
- Ironing facilities
- Travel agent bookings
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Vegetarian diet available
- American Express accepted
- WiFi or internet access
- Leisure club (onsite or nearby)
- Coach parties welcomed
- Single sex groups NOT accepted
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- On street/public parking
Small minibus coaches accepted only. Children welcome from any age.
TG 529074 52.60548 1.73433
The region is easily accesssible by road from all parts of the UK. Major trunk roads into Norfolk are the M11, A11, A12 and the A14 from London and the South-east, while the A47 and A14 serve the Midlands and the North. On approaching Great Yarmouth follow signs for SEA FRONT. The Fjaerland is half way between Britannia Pier and Wellington Pier opposite Marina Leisure Centre in Trafalgar Road.
A number of bus operators provide services to the local area including National Express and First Bus.
There is a regular local service from Norwich to Great Yarmouth. With connecting trains from Norwich to London, Liverpool Street. Peterborough, Cambridge and Ely.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Bath with support handrails available
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities
- Staff have had disability awareness training