Long dyke opposite The Lion Inn, Thurne near Great Yarmouth, perfect for mooring up during the day or overnight. As well as delicious food at the pub, there is a shop, a large children's play area with plenty of space to run around.
Showers, toilets, waste disposal and bike hire are all available at the pub.
£3.50 per boat per night. Free mooring during the day.
Open all the time
8AM-10AM, 12PM-2PM, 6PM-9PM.
The Street, Thurne, Norfolk, NR29 3AP
Map reference: TG 403160 Lat: 52.68834 Long: 1.55420
Nearest station : Acle station
* A large, comfortable family room and safe, enclosed beer garden
* For the children, we have our own separate amusement arcade, pool tables, air hockey, coin-operated kart track and access to the village playing field with swings next to the pub
* We welcome dogs
* A good choice of real ales and lagers
* As well as serving food in the main bar and gardens, we also have a separate restaurant area
* Hot showers
* Village shop: selling essentials such as milk, tea, coffee, bread and suchlike as well as ice cream
* Bike hire
Being a riverside pub, the Lion Inn has ample moorings: both sides of Thurne Dyke are available to some 35 boats and we are a short walk away from the public moorings at Thurne Mouth. If the dyke looks full, please phone us as there's usually a space not visible from the river. There is no need to book moorings prior to arrival.
|Fri 28 Jun 2013||Hard Rain Band|
|Fri 26 Jul 2013||Hard Rain Band|
|Fri 30 Aug 2013||Hard Rain Band|
|Fri 27 Sep 2013||Hard Rain Band|
|Fri 18 Oct 2013||Hard Rain Band|