The Pier Hotel near Great Yarmouth overlooking the bay at Gorleston-on-Sea is a fabulous sea and river view hotel catering for businessmen and holiday makers with a great public bar serving food all day.
All rooms have direct dial telephones, tea & coffee making facilities, hospitality toiletries, hair dryers and flat screen televisions with freeview and sky.
We care about people who are less able and there is wheel chair access to the front entrance and a disabled toilet but we apologise that there is no lift in this period property. Children are welcome, cots and highchairs are available.
We have undergone an extensive refurbishment of the whole ground floor in 2010 creating a beautiful new restaurant offering home cooked food using local and seasonal produce.
Pub on the Pier is a new addition providing the perfect retreat after a busy day for visitors and locals alike with a great selection of real ales, beers, liquors and super traditional pub food served all day.
Food is also served in the old harbour bar and now specialises in fine wines and champagnes.
- Children welcome
- Satellite TV
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Licenced (table or bar)
- Packed lunches provided
- Special diets available
- Lounge for residents' use
- Laundry/valet service
- Ironing facilities
- Conference facilities
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Private parking
- Building of historical interest
- Central heating
- Electric shaver points
- Telephone (public)
- Golf available (onsite or nearby)
- Restaurant open to non-residents
- Visa/Mastercard/Switch accepted
- Public house/Inn
- Dogs/pets accepted by arrangement
- Vegetarian diet available
- WiFi or internet access
- Single sex groups NOT accepted
- Evening meals
- High chairs available
- Cots available
- On street/public parking
Children welcome from any age.
TG 531035 52.57038 1.73360
The region is easily accessible by road from all parts of the UK. Major trunk roads into Norfolk are the M11, A11, A12 and the A14 from London and the South-east, while the A47 and A14 serve the Midlands and the North. On approaching Great Yarmouth follow the signs for Gorleston on Sea.
By Public Transport:
A number of bus operators provide services to the local area including National Express and First Bus.
There is a regular local service from Norwich to Great Yarmouth. With connecting trains from Norwich to London, Liverpool Street. Peterborough, Cambridge and Ely.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Designated parking for guests with disabilities
- Within 50 metres approx. of entrance
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Has a ramp
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Public toilet
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Clear surfaces such as glass doors have contrast markings
- Baby changing facilities
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Bath with support handrails available
- Steps to the main entrance
- 1Number of steps to entrance
- Handrail by steps
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Lactose free (dairy free)
- Low potassium
- Low sodium
- Nut free
- Additive free
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
- Emergency evacuation procedures for guests with disabilities