Door to Door service by Centre 81
Centre 81 runs Great Yarmouth's frequent and friendly door-to-door community bus service which transports people with disabilities all around the area. People who cannot access conventional public transport can be picked up from their holiday accommodation and taken to and from a local destination of their choice.
The service operates from Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.30pm for pre-booked trips only. Persons using the service must take out temporary membership of Centre 81 valid for the time that they are holidaying in Great Yarmouth. Membership forms are available from Centre 81.
The Door to Door service is available to members who:
- have a substantial and permanent disability
- are entitled to receive a concessionary bus pass
- are over 60 and unable to use ordinary buses
Some restrictions apply to the Door to Door service:
- Available to members only
- Travel outside the borough of Great Yarmouth is by special arrangement only
- Most bookings are accepted for time and date requested but passengers may sometimes be asked to adapt times
- We cannot guarantee arrival times
- Trips cancelled on the day can incur a fee
- We cannot transport friends or other non-members
- If needed for assistance or guidance, escorts can travel at half-fare
- Only assistance dogs are allowed
- Both manual and electric wheelchairs can be transported
- There is no limit to the number of trips booked, subject to availability
- All journeys must be booked before noon on the day before travel (for Mondays, book before noon on Friday).
Telephone Door to Door on 01493 332253 at Centre 81 for more information or email: email@example.com